February 3, 2009

Who's ever cried after getting a hair cut?

Or ended up with so many layers your hair looked like this poor kid? (Photo courtesy of msspider66.)

Luckily, I haven't had that bad of a hair cut lately that resulted in tears. I think because I got the worse done while still in junior high and nothing can be bad as those.

There are various reactions to a bad hair cut.

  • The-Fake-You-Like-It: Usually chosen because you have a decent relationship with the stylist and you don't want to hurt his/her feelings... Or because you are just one of those people who lets others walk all over them.
  • The-Get-Into-The-Car-And-Cry: You have too much pride to let others see you... Or because it was in the review mirror that you got an actual good look of yourself.
  • The-Freak-Out-The-Next-Time-You-Wash-Your-Hair: This kind of relates to the last one about the post salon consideration. You don't truly understand the consequences of your actions until your hands start shampooing and...it's gone!
  • The-Get-Into-An-Argument: You know what you wanted and this is not it. You make this known to the stylist by waving and pointing at the picture you brought to remind her of her botched job. Normally this reaction can result in one of two things 1) in the end she makes you feel stupid for wanting the same hair as some starlet, or 2) to stop you from making a seen the rarely present salon owner steps out to offer wave the cost (but good god, you'd rather pay them $60 to have your hair back!)

4 comments:

  1. Okay, this is funny.

    I remember when those cuts were popular, 80s was it? Short lived. Great advice on our options to respond. Applies to more than haircuts. Nice post!

    Pol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all dead on! I once smiled and pretended to like it and then went in to the little robe-changing room and sobbed. He knew what was up when I came out and my eyes were all red and splotchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the humor in your blog. I cant find the comment button on posts that don't have comments yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha i love it! i have definitely been guilty of all of these things . One thing I have learned is that after I describe what I want and show a picture, I have the stylist then repeat to me what they think I want. And that usually helps the process. Or if they are going to chop off a TON of my hair suddenly i will say WAIT!!! and then discuss again

    ReplyDelete